Monday, June 26, 2006

A Swift Boat armada


Gerald Riviera, who embellishes himself with the more dramatic name of Geraldo Rivera, claims during the last 35 years, to have seen “a hell of a lot more combat than John Kerry.” While this no doubt delights the fatuous Foxheads of America, it annoys the hell out of everyone else, including me.

I suppose I could claim to have explored Greenland, since I flew over it at 39,000 feet last Friday and I certainly experienced the entire Battle of the Bulge by watching Band of Brothers on television, but then I’m capable of being embarrassed while Gerald is not. I’d rather not explore in detail a long career that makes Jerry Springer seem like Walter Cronkite by comparison, but we all remember how in recent years this cheap copy of Baron Munchausen claimed to be broadcasting from the scene of a friendly fire incident in Afghanistan which in actuality had occurred 300 miles away. We remember how he gleefully began to draw a map of US positions during the invasion of Iraq and yet somehow avoided being put against a wall and shot for it. He was however expelled from the country. True to form and quick to supply a lie, he called the expulsion “voluntary” and continued chattering from a luxury suite in Kuwait. I would imagine that such things are what Mr. Riviera calls “seeing combat.”

Loathsome as he may be, Gerry is only one snarling head of the thousand headed dog of the American Right. One could sever them by the hundreds but they would still hold fast to their victims and there would always be more to rend the truth and ravish everything decent and all to the unending delight of the Republican Party and the indecent trash who support them.





2 comments:

Crankyboy said...

Capt. -

Nice to have you back ranting and raving. I needed some help last week in my combat of the right.

Capt. Fogg said...

It's hopeless. We're alone in an ocean of slime, filled with swift boats and sharks.