Friday, February 02, 2007

A night at the opera with Bill

Even if the O'Reilly Factor has many of the melodramatic elements of a soap opera, I have a hard time picturing Bill O'Reilly attending Fidelio or Le nozze de Figaro, so I was a bit taken aback when Lyin' Bill said "I look like that when I go to the opera," when shown a picture of John McCain snoozing during the State of the Union Address.

Body language expert Tonya Reiman was on Tuesday's O'Reilly Factor, probably because Lyin' Bill expected he could elicit some idiot giggles from his idiot audience when analyzing Nancy Pelosi's posture during the speech, but other than the predictably stupid dialog, one statement of O'Reilly's woke me up. "I believe I could have taken his wallet and he wouldn't have noticed in that posture," said Bill.

Is his Freudian slip showing? Of all the things that might have occurred to the man, why did he think of picking his pocket? Why are his first thoughts of theft? I have no idea actually. I just report -- you decide.

2 comments:

d.K. said...

My psychobabble response to your question is that it reveals the inner thought process of Bill, which, in addition to being a serial liar, is also probably also at heart, a wannabe thief.

BTW, I give you great credit. I've seen his show maybe once, and was so repelled, I can't repeat that, though I wish I could. I also don't have a clue what channel FOX news is on my cable lineup, as I simply can't watch it (like Oliver Stone films - I have a low threshold for idiocy and fiction posing as reality). But, good for you. I know that from disinformation, we can become more informed, and do myself a disservice avoiding it, but there you are.

Capt. Fogg said...

No, actually I wish everyone would avoid Fox. It would be the only way to get them to stop - the only way short of the earth opening up and swallowing Rupert Murdock.