Friday, October 12, 2007

Richardson?

I had no idea I was a Bill Richardson man until I took this quiz. Select a Candidate 2008 Of course things like this depend on the publicly stated positions of the candidates and we know how those relate to what they actually think and what they will actually do in office. Just look at the promises of George the Liar before 9/11 allowed him license to do what he really wanted.

But somehow this guy lacks the three generations of conniving, chiseling amoral ancestors Bush has. He doesn't have a bumbling country boy accent, wasn't raised in the Bible belt. He's been a popular governor. He actually does speak Spanish - and of course he agrees with me on a large number of important issues. Somehow, he's the only Democrat that comes across as sincere to this cynic. In fact his personality is a refreshing change from the slick hucksters and side show barkers we typically elect and there lies the problem.

Of course I have to admit I've taken this quiz several times over the last couple of days and it may reveal as much about me as anything. Yesterday I was a Chris Dodd man with Dennis Kucinich as a close second. Tomorrow, who knows?

Take the test - who is your secret candidate?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeez. I scored 39 for Richardson but 43 for Biden, and I don't even like the guy.

Capt. Fogg said...

I'm not sure that I like any of them, but I'm less sure this thing means anything.

Intellectual Insurgent said...

Ron Paul it is.

Capt. Fogg said...

I have to admit I like him even though if you list his opinions, I don't agree with a lot of them. Some of it has to do with his directness, honesty and unwillingness to play the candidate game where you hypnotize people with abstract, woozy slogans designed to make cowards feel brave and idiots feel smart.

Many of the things he advocates, like the end of public education, I think are ridiculous, but I don't think a president has that kind of power - at least not yet, but my longing and many people's longing for the end of the nanny state, the end of the piracy and Imperialism is fierce.

Where we differ is that he seems to think that unregulated capitalism will solve its own problems and I don't. But he's so refreshing that I'm tempted to support an honest man with whom I disagree than the villains, charlatans, toadies, phonies and shuffling idiots we're supposed to choose from.